Ngā Manu Rere
BIRDS THAT FLY
- Programme for women who have either been incarcerated or have a partner in prison.
- Six month programme consisting of weekly group sessions and individual counselling/therapy as needed.
- Build on existing programmes delivered to women inside prison.
- Weekly programme of 4 hours.
- Programme delivered by PFNZ staff in collaboration with Tree of Life.
- Programme based on two main components – 12 weeks Tree of Life (empowerment, identity and belonging) and 12 weeks PATH (Planning Alternative Tomorrows) with Hope goal-setting.
- Elements of life skills, well-being and meeting holistic needs built into the programme, including provision of Kete Aroha to women on release from prison – pack that contains toiletries, underwear, basic clothing, journal.
- Graduation of six month programme on a marae.